Sunday, September 17, 2006

Well, James, why the new Blog site?

A couple of reasons.

1: I have had many people tell me they couldn't view the other one. Numerous people said that it would come up for a second, then disappear. Others said it simply just errored for them, and they never saw anything. If I'm posting a Blog, I want to make sure that people can at least look at the thing!

2: iWeb, that comes with a Mac is a great blogging tool. It makes great looking sites, and imports photos simply. The problem is that I can only post to the Blog from the Mac in the livingroom. No other computer was able to post. We own 6 computers, and there is no guarantee I'll be in front of the Mac in the livingroom when I get the chance to post. I will miss iWeb, but it will allow me to post from any computer with Internet access.

3: There is no guarantee I'll stay with my .Mac service, and if I don't pay my annual dues, by Blog would die. Erased forever. Blogger.com is a free service that integrates nicely with Picasa and Gmail, both services that I use all the time (and both free).

There you go! This Blog also has an RSS feed on it (you should see "RSS" in the address bar of your browser), so you can automatically be updated when I post something new. In a future post, I'll detail how to use your web browser's RSS feed functions. Once you get the hang of it, you'll use it all the time.

No comments: