Thursday, September 21, 2006

Chen's Garden

I've begun buying lunch at this local Chinese place when I forget to bring my lunch from home (or when we're out of food). I found this place because I had my pants dry cleaned in the dry cleaners two doors down from it.

The prices for lunch are absolutely unbeatable. $4.60 for a lunch with rice, soup, and an fortune cookie. I am stuffed when I'm done with it, and it is delicious! Full of vegetables, and meat. Healthy! Fast too. I call from their menu, and hop in my car. By the time I'm there, my lunch is done. Awesome!

They crack me up there. I just called an order of General Tso's Chicken in, and here's how it went:

"Chen Garden"

I place my order

"Fry rice?"

Yes

"Ten Minute"

(I hear shout something in Chinese, which I assume is my order, to the cooks)

*click*

Thats it! No "Thank you", or any other time wasting conversation. Just the facts, nice and simple.

They own most of that plaza with a dry cleaners, a Chinese market, the restaurant, and a nail salon. Two doors the other way is an Indian restaurant (which I will soon be sampling) and an Indian market. Caucasian Falls' own little China town!

No comments: