Friday, September 15, 2006

Opinion: Television

We do not have boring TV-addicted children around. We got rid of the cable about four months ago, and have not missed it for a minute. Well, maybe for a minute, or two, but not anywhere close to missing it enough to consider getting cable again. We mostly miss it when we are tired, and would just like to veg out in front of the tube, and let it entertain, and occupy our children, however, this is exactly why we ditched it.


With five children at the time, if I wanted to make sure that I spend the quality time with every singe one of them that I want/need to, I can’t have the stupid boob tube get in the way. The commercials are one of the worst parts of TV, especially for the kidos. Every once in a while, the kids will want to watch it, but I don’t think that they even remember it existed for the most part. They are generally content to play with their friends, and with each other. I really like that, and think that they will have a much happier childhood because of the decision we made. Not to mention the $50/month we are saving in cable bills (we had the premium tier with the DVR).

No comments: