Friday, September 15, 2006

The Conference

I had a great time hanging out with the other Affiliates, and talking with them all. The crowd was about half of what it was last year. There are a lot of disgruntled Affiliates out there. Not even half of the Affiliates showed up. Leslie Ann said that Jared and Brian from Colorado Springs, Co. were the first ones to sign up for the conference, and they won a prize for that. Well, they told me that they delayed signing up for the conference until noon on the last day of registration. In other words, nobody had signed up for the conference until the very last day! I bet Bob and Leslie Ann were freaking when they didn’t have anybody even signed up until the last minute.

Bob was his normal, condescending self to people. It is amazing to us that we could not see through that garbage until after we had signed the Affiliate agreement. He is truly a master os spin. He lost a lawsuit to a competitor, but spun it off in a light that made anyone that does not know what REALLY happened think that he won. It was settled in litigation, but we don’t think that it was in Bob’s favor. He said, “ Were happy to report that this lawsuit is behind us now, and we can move forward” in a way, and with a smile on his face as to make anybody think that he won. What a deception artist.

His wife was soooo annoying. She would just but in at any time, and answer questions for Bob, and she just sat in the corner of the room and made snooty, sly comments to people’s comments. I just wanted to turn around and say, “SHUT UP!”, but I think that I would lose my license agreement with Bob, and I don’t want that at this point. I have worked too hard to brand my company in my market, and I don’t want to give that up.

I mostly hung out with Jared, Brian, and Ron. We TXT messaged each other the entire weekend, especially during the presentations. Some of the speeches were so horrible!. John got up there and gave a 45 minute talk about subjects that the entire room know more than him about. Ugh, so boring.

Overall, the conference was definitely worth going to, but I didn’t learn anything that I didn’t already know. I always have a good time hanging out with my pals, we don’t get to do it but once a year.

No comments: