Friday, September 15, 2006

Read this.

I just want to post here just to keep the thing moving. I’ve been pretty tired this past week, and haven’t been in the mood to post. Last night I could have posted, but I ended up building a song in Garageband with my boys. I posted it in the next Blog post for a listen (the “My first song” post). I intend to refine it, so I will post incremental versions. I am making it using Garageband’s built in loops since I don’t have an instrument hooked up to this computer to use and record with. We have an electronic keyboard, a Yamaha YPT-300, and it says it can be hooked up to a computer, but I don’t know if it will do what I want it to, which is to record directly into Garageband using the keys on the keyboard. The MIDI cables are not too expensive, but I don’t feel like blowing the $$$ right now on them.

I golfed with the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber today. Andrew, Uncle Larry, and Matt Solful were in a foursome. It was best ball, so we shot par golf all day. I pretty much stunk it up for the first half of the game, but I started to come alive during the last nine, but I had to leave early for a big presentation. They said I didn’t really miss anything anyway, so I’m glad I made the choice to leave.

I played Pokemon with the 5th best player in the state today at Bobas. I got destroyed. His deck was light years beyond my fragile little Poke deck. It would have been embarassing, but I told him when he asked me to play him that I have a deck that is not too far beyond a box-stock Wally-World pack. I’ve made some improvements, but nothing even close to the full custom deck that he was playing with. It was pitiful to watch my Rapidash get simply demolished by his leveled-up Pokemon. It was, however, a very good experience on how a great deck would operate, and how much work I had to do to mine to get it to that level. I did come home and proceed to beat up on my kid’s Pokemon decks in three matches. They do have better Pokemon than I do, but their decks need to be refined.

Michelle is out chatting with my mom right now, and I’m gonna post this. CYA.

No comments: