Friday, September 15, 2006

Camping Trip Post

We just got back from a really nice (with exceptions) camping trip.

Michelle has wanted to do an extended camping trip with the family, and this was kinda the dry run. We stayed three nights, four days in the RV, while I commuted to work in the mornings, and returned in the afternoon.

We left on Sunday afternoon. The normal headache, and stress of packing for a trip set in, but we left on time, and with no big arguments between Michelle and myself (or the kids). Michelle was wise and cooked most of the food before we left, such as sloppy joe, and sausage. When I test drove the RV, I was thrilled to find out that it had 3/4 of a tank of gas in it from last year!!! That represents about $100 in fuel that I wont have to put out this year. The drive down to Mohican was uneventful. The RV drove just fine, and the weather was absolutely ideal, about 80 degrees, and very low humidity. The big concern was the fact that my license plates were expired in 2002(!), and I always sweat getting a ticket when I drive the thing.

The site that Michelle got was just beautiful. An added bonus was the fact that it was right next to the bathrooms, which is a big deal because *somebody* didn’t drain the water out of the lines last year before it froze, and the water lines now have leaks in them. We had everything set up in less than an hour, and we set off to go swimming. We had hot dogs and cheddar brats grilled on the hibachi for dinner, along with chips and dip. The night cooled off to about 55 degrees, and we slept well.

Day two I got to leave at 6AM for work. I had a dentist appointment at 2:30 to get a cavity filled, so I called it a day when the appointment was over. I couldn’t feel half of my face anyway, and I spoke as if I had a speech impediment, not good for business. I got to the site at about 5:30, and immediately changed into my swim trunks and met everybody else at the pool. We swam until dinner. I think that we had chicken caesar salad for eats that night. We had a nice fire, and I ended up staying awake too late (11PM) talking with Jesse and Travis about all kinds of stuff. I ended the night by showing them how to make a flame-thrower out of a can of Off and a match. Cool stuff.

Day three I got the privilege of leaving the camping site at 5:45AM to get to an 8:30 appointment in Stow. I also had a lunch meeting that lasted to 2PM, and I called it a day then and drove to the campground. It was a little muggier this day, but the big problem was how Aaron was not feeling well.

I’ll post more on that later on. It is late, and I need to be getting to bed.

Night!

No comments: