Friday, September 15, 2006

Blog about today

I worked until about 6:30 today. Non-stop, no breaks for lunch, or otherwise. Ten solid hours. I had to be creative with a design for a direct mail piece, and work on tax matters (mind-draining). I listened to my iPod in the car when I was traveling around today, and listened to internet radio when at my desk. In my car, I listen to podcasts for the most part, because I can stop/start them, and they feed my information addiction. I listen to all kinds of podcasts, but I’m not going to go into that right now. Its a big enough subject for a large blog post on its own (I should do one about that). I could produce podcasts with the software bundled with this Mac, but the time required to do a decent job of planning the podcast, and editing it would not be available. I think it’d be fun, but I’m not interested in such a commitment.

Well, on the way home, I rolled down the windows, because I was sick of being in A/C all day. The air was cooling down by the time I hit the road, and I tried to think of what would be appropriate music for the road home. I decided on The Smashing Pumpkins greatest hits album, Rotten Apples. Normally, this would be a good decision, but after about two songs, I just wanted to hear the road noise, it reminds me of riding my motorcycle, and it felt nice to speed. I got in behind a Mitsubishi Galant, and we had a fun little time getting up to about 95 mph, but he got off his exit pretty quickly. Then it started to rain, so I had to roll the windows up. I then decided that I wanted to listen to Space Music (another podcast), and it was perfect-windows up, A/C blowing cold, thunderstorm raging, and Space Music playing loud and clear. I enjoyed the drive home.

Poor little Jaidyn developed an inner ear infection today, so she was feeling kinda clingy this evening. I ended up carrying her around most of the time. We went to see Bubo, but that quickly turned into a “bounce” request, and she jumped on the trampoline for a while. We went out and played on the deck for a while after we hung out in the living room with Mom and Aaron. She was tired at that point, and Michelle put her to sleep. The other kids were playing with Brandon and Leah the whole evening up until about 9:45, when they were making paper airplanes with the construction paper Michelle bought. The living room looks like a disaster area now, but they had fun with the paper, and they will clean it up tomorrow.

We just put the kids to bed, and want to spend a little time together for the first time today. Its 10:20PM.

No comments: