Friday, September 15, 2006

Parades, cycling, and fishes, oh my!

Again, a short post.

I drove in parades all yesterday, so I didn’t really get to enjoy the 4th of July with my family. That stunk. Yesterday was really hot and humid, and it rained a lot, but during the parades, it didn’t rain, at least. A really nice cold front blew in during the night, and today was absolutely incredible! In the upper 60’s to low 70’s and low humidity. Beautiful! Unfortunately I spent most of the day inside behind the computer emailing and calling current clients to keep in touch, and working on some graphic design. I really wish I was able to ride my motorcycle for work! I really miss it a lot!

Jaidyn is crying upstairs. She does not want to go to sleep, but its 10:14PM, time for little stinkers to go to sleep.

I am training for the Sweet Corn Challenge right now. I will be doing the 25 mile course through RIchfield. Today I rode 6 miles to Chris’ house to look at the aquarium that he is donating to me (thanks Chris!!). More about that below. I have a Cat Eye cycling computer on my Raleigh to record my cycling adventures. It was about a 6 mile trip to Chris’ house. I forgot to stop the timer, so I don’t know how long it took to get there, but I know it took less time to get back, it is all down hill coming home. I am able to get going fast enough to break the speed limit on my bike! I hit 35 mph in a 25 mph zone going down a hill. Thats cool!

OK, about the aquarium. It is a beautiful 38 gallon hexagonal tank with all the fish and equipment included. It will be in the living room, and I will be posting a lot of news and pictures about it in the future, you can bank on that. When I was a teenager, I had 3 aquariums running at the same time in my room. I have always missed having fish around, but I didn’t want to spend the $$$ to buy a decent setup (like the one Chris is giving away). He is hoping to upgrade to an in-wall saltwater tank when he builds his new house.

Time for bed. Michelle is waiting for me upstairs....

No comments: