Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Where is everybody?

This is the week before Christmas.

Normally, when I drive to the office at abot 8:00, the roads are jammed with people making their way to work, but not the past two days. At 8:15, I was able to drive 75mph through the (normally) busiest parts of Akron, and the traffic looked like it was a Saturday morning. It seems like most of the workforce has taken this entire week off work, and from the few emails that I am getting returned, I think that's true.

The nice part is that the police don't seem to be anywhere on the highways either. I can comfortably drive at 75, and not be sweating the po-po giving me a performance award. This morning was especially fun. I just (legally) downloaded an album by a band named "Children of Bodom". They play very fast, and the music was a blast to drive to.

Friday is supposed to be 51 degrees and sunny. I may not be able to resist riding my bike to work that day, provided I come to work on the Friday before Christmas weekend.

No comments: