Sunday, December 24, 2006

I love Craigslist!

I love Craigslist. I keep an RSS feed for the "Free Stuff" category in my bookmarks toolbar in Safari and Firefox. At any point in the day, people that have extra stuff that is too nice to throw away, but they have no use for, put it up on Craigslist free for the taking.

Many of the things there are scams, but the Craigslist community kills them rather quickly.

Here is a list of some of the things posted on Craigslist in the "Free Stuff" category in the past two or three days:
  • 2 pairs of ski boots, bindings, and poles. Mens size 10, Womens size unknown
  • 8 cookie tins are yours for the taking.
  • I have the following 3 pieces of heavy steel pipe, I guess its used for conduits or something like that. It has been sitting outside, but I think it is still good, just want to get rid of it:
  • I have 2 pairs of excellent condition jeans if you would like them. Just to small for me now .......... its a sad thing..lol
  • anyone wanting horse manure for gardens, flower beds, etc
  • I have an older heavy duty stationary tub that I replaced with a single tub.
  • Hey, I trying to get rid of a dining room table round without the leaf but in good shape and some moving boxes.
  • Free Dirt....(you haul)
A veritable treasure trove of junk! I have personally partaken in both sides of the freebie transaction. I've given away a 19" color TV that I didn't want crowding my house any more. Some college student from Kent State took it.

I've also enjoyed the take side of the equation too. I've grabbed:
  • An antique dresser that I'm just finishing the repairs on. I'll try to post some pics or something of this. The hardware on this thing was dated 1877, so this piece is pretty old, and is really well built.
  • A box of 700 Legos!
  • A huge bag of girl's clothes for my daughter. About 90% of them were really nice and will fit her next year.

So thanks to the people at Craigslist for making a place where I can dump things that I don't want anymore, and where I can snag some free stuff that other people are glad to get rid of.

Truly, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

No comments: