Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Microsoft Zune unboxed on camera

read more | digg story
This is Microsoft's new audo player. I like the brown color choice, and I'm suprised I do. I figured it would be kind of like the Ubuntu, nasty brown, but instead it is like a dark chocolate brown.

But, I don't think I like it overall. It looks like a total iPod ripoff. I mean, couldn't they have thought of something other than a clickwheel to control it with??? It has the same look as an older iPod, and it appears to be huge. The bigger screen would be nice for video, but I don't care about that feature. I use my iPod for audo. I have a TV and big computer monitors to watch video on if I want to. The Zune appears to be too big to fit in a pair of jean's pocket, and therefore too big to be comfortable or practical (not to mention the sharp corners it appears to have).

However, I have yet to handle one of these units. Maybe the UI is worth all the (seemingly) poor case design. I am a bit of an Apple fan boy, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I love my iPod, too, and I'm not ashamed to admit that either. I'll give the Zune a fair shake when I see one in real life, but until then, I think it looks like an "Also-ran".

No comments: