Monday, October 30, 2006

I was looking at Dad's computer last night



My Dad's computer is running Winblows XP. It isn't giving him too many problems right now (that I'm aware of at least), so I am glad for him, because I know his Winblows install has been a real "joy" for him in the past.

The last time I used Winblows, it locked up on me. I have a computer that dual-boots XP and Ubuntu Linux. The machine stays in Linux 99.9% of the time it is running, and we only use the "other" operating system when there is an app that I simply can't get on my Macs (two of them) or Linux boxes (three of them). The thing that I noticed when I used the Winblows partition last time was how painful it was to use it. Nothing is intuitive like it is on the Mac. GNOME on Linux is more natural than XP. Puppy Linux is far easier to use than the Micro$oft product.

My friends, use Linux or Mac OSX. Your body, soul, and spirit will thank you for it.

No comments: